Position:ContractCentre:SydneyLocation:SydneyContact Person:Amanda JonesContact Email:email@example.comClosing Date:Wednesday, 16 November 2016
Are you a nurse who is passionate about patient centred care and health system improvement? This could be your opportunity to:
- Shape the future of chronic disease management in the primary care setting
- Be part of a dynamic organisation that is committed to improving the way health care is delivered and experienced
- Enjoy the benefits of a generous remuneration package and flexible working arrangements
Sonic Clinical Services and Northern Sydney PHN have partnered to trial an innovative project in a select number of general practices in Sydney's northern suburbs. Our integrated care program brings together all the elements of the patient centred Medical Home, an evidence based model that provides targeted interventions for individuals with one or more chronic diseases, optimising health outcomes and reducing avoidable hospitalisations.
Working within an assigned general practice the Nurse Coordinator will engage the practice team in this new service delivery model and provide coordinated care to enrolled patients.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify and recruit eligible patients to participate in the WellNet program
- Support patients to better self manage their conditions through an agreed annual cycle of care
- Liaise with all members of the health care team to ensure services are well coordinated
- Support GPs, practice nurse and practice staff training in program protocols and procedures
- Participate in program evaluation
Do you have the qualities we are looking for?
- Registered Nurse with at least 2 years' post registration experience preferably in chronic disease management and/ or care coordination role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with strong ability to develop productive relationships with a broad variety of stakeholders
- Working knowledge of key chronic disease areas (i.e. diabetes, CVD, respiratory medicine, renal disease, mental health, and related risk factors)
- Previous experience working in general practice including exposure to GP software tools and relevant MBS items
- Experience working in a change environment and/ or knowledge of behavioural change methodology/ health coaching
- Knowledge of local health service providers and care pathways
You will be joining a professional team in a supportive environment, with opportunity for further growth and development. You will be provided with a comprehensive orientation. Positions can be full or part time. Salary range $35 to $40 per hour commensurate with your skills and experience.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for your next career move, send your resume to us now: firstname.lastname@example.org
View our website http://sonicclinicalservices.com.au/
For further information contact Amanda Jones by email email@example.com.